I love the big, bold flower images that have been coming out from stamp companies lately. I recently purchased Mama Elephant Organic Blooms and wanted to create a clean and simple card that would showcase the image. I really like how it turned out.
I stamped the image on Strathmore 140# Cold Press Watercolor Paper with Stazon Jet Black Ink and watercolored it with the following Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers: Olive Green 043, Pale Green 045, Deep Violet 084, Lilac 083, Violet 080, Dark Pink 027, Pink 025, Light Carmine 028, Pale Pink 028.
While the watercolor was drying I stamped Gina K. Designs Thank You Border on WorldWin Papers Vellum with Stazon Jet Black Ink and added Hero Arts Clear Embossing Powder, heat setting it with my Marvy Embossing Heat Tool. I fussy cut around the lacy edge of the stamp and set it aside.
I die cut a scalloped circle with the Pretty Pink Posh Scalloped Circles frame die from Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock. The watercolor image was die cut with the Sizzix Large Circle die just smaller than the frame and adhered with 3M 1/2″ Foam Tape. If you remove the backing from the foam tape you can easily bend it to fit around the circle.
The vellum sentiment was wrapped around the frame and adhered to the back with some Tombo Mono Multi Glue. The complete focal image was adhered with 3M 1/2″ Foam Tape to the front of a side fold Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock card base, cut at 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and scored at 4 1/4″ and the card was done.
- Mama Elephant Organic Blooms Stamp
- Gina K. Designs Thank You Border Stamp
- Stazon Jet Black Ink
- Altenew Soft Lilac Ink (Inside of Card)
- Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers: Olive Green 043, Pale Green 045, Deep Violet 084, Lilac 083, Violet 080, Dark Pink 027, Pink 025, Light Carmine 028, Pale Pink 028
- Hero Arts Clear Embossing Powder
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Wordwin Papers Translucent Vellum
- Sizzix Large Circle die
- Pretty Pink Posh Scalloped Circles die
- Tombo Mono Multi Glue
- Marvy Embossing Heat Tool
- Sizzix Big Shot