When I saw this stamp from La-La Land Crafts called Figure Skater Marci I knew it would make the perfect birthday card for Julia, who is a competitive figure skater. Love the way it turned out.
I have the digital image, so I can make it just the size I want. I printed the image with my laser printer onto Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock and then colored it with Copic Markers (listed below). Once I was done coloring, I then scanned and imported it into the Silhouette Cameo to cut around the image, much faster than fussy cutting.
I cut a rectangle from the same white cardstock using a My Favorite Things Stitched Rectangle STAX and then ran it through the Big Shot with the Cuttlebug Polka Dot Embossing Folder. This time I reversed the polka dots s they were recessed. I adhered the focal image to the embossed rectangle using 3M 1/2″ Foam Tape.
An A2 top folding cardbase was made from Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock. To make the focal image pop on the white cardbase, I used Gina K. Designs Black 120# Cardstock, which was cut 1/8″ larger than the embossed rectangle and adhered using Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive.
The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp Brush Stroke Messages and was stamped on Vellum with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed with Ranger Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder then wrapped around the focal image panel and adhered to the back with Scotch Tape. Darice Sticky Back Foam was added to the back of the panel and then adhered to the cardbase with Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive.
- La-La Land Crafts Figure Skater Marci Digi Stamp
- Simon Says Stamp Brush Stroke Messages
- Copic Colors: C0, C2, 0; C9, C7, C5; RV14, RV13, RV11, RV10; R20, R21; E49, E47, E29
- Neena Classic Crest 80# White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White and Black Cardstock
- WorldWin Papers Translucent Vellum
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Versa Mark Ink
- Ranger Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder
- Cuttlebug Polka Dot Embossing Folder
- My Favorite Things Stitched Rectangle STAX
- Darice Sticky Back Foam Sheet
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive