I have a friend who was recently undergoing some surgery and I wanted to send her a card. She is a quilter and when I saw this cute turtle snuggled under a patchwork quilt I thought it would be perfect for her.
Since this is a digital image I printed it with my laser printer. This ensures that the lines do not bleed when you color with Copic Markers.
Once the coloring was complete I cut it out using the PIXScan Mat and the Silhouette Cameo Software.
I went through my stash of cardstock and found an orange that matched the color of the quilt. I die cut a rectangle using a stitched rectangle die. I also cut thin strips from some scraps of orange and white patterned paper.
Darice Sticky Back Foam was added to the back of the orange rectangle, which was then adhered to a side folding A2 cardbase. The patterned paper strips were added with dotliner adhesive.
The sentiment is from Stampin’ Up’s Back On Your Feet. It was stamped with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder. Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape was added to the back of the die cut image which was then adhered to the front of the orange rectangle.
- KLM Designs Sick Turtle
- Stampin’ Up Back On Your Feet
- Copic Markers: YG97, YG95, YG93, YG91; YG63, YG61, YG01, YG91; YR04, YR14, YR12; Y26, Y08, Y06, Y04; N2, N1
- VersaMark Ink
- Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
- Silhouette Cameo
- Scraps of lined cardstock for strips
- Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Orange Cardstock from Stash
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Darice Sticky Back Foam
- Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape