The Simon Says Stamp Beautiful Butterflies is a love set that has many butterfly images. I decided to stamp the butterflies as a background with VersaMark Ink, heat emboss them clear. I then used Distress Oxide Inks to ink blend the background.
I die cut the panel with an Ellen Hutson Essential Rectangle die so that it was just smaller than an A2 cardbase. I also used a smaller rectangle to cut out the center of the panel. I really like that these dies give you a thin frame. I cut it again from white cardstock.
The sentiment is from Penny Black’s Carefree Wishes. It was stamped on black cardstock with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder. It was die cut using a Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Label Die and then I angled one end to provide some visual interest.
To assemble the card I used a top folding A2 cardbase made from Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock. I adhered to frame of the background directly to the cardbase with dotliner adhesive. I then added a thin line of liquid glue next to the center of the frame and added the thin white border. Foam was added to the back of the center rectangle panel and then it was adhered to the card front with liquid glue. Because the center panel was already popped up and I didn’t want to add more bulk to the card for mailing, the sentiment strip was adhered directly to the center panel with liquid glue.
I really like the color combination used for the ink blended background and crisp white images of butterflies.
- Simon Says Stamp Beautiful Butterflies
- Penny Black Carefree Wishes
- Distress Oxide Inks: Wilted Violet, Picked Raspberry, Ripe Persimmon
- VersaMark Ink
- Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
- Essential By Ellen Rectangles
- My Favorite Things A2 Rectangles
- Doodlebug Designs Lily White Sugar Coated Glitter Cardstock
- Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Darice Sticky Back Foam