I pulled out this die set from My Favorite Things called Plentiful Petals. The leaves are from Altenew’s Peony Dream 3D dies. My flower dies don’t cut well unless I use a metal shim, and because I used Bristol Smooth Cardstock they needed the extra pressure. I watercolor the flowers with Altenew’s 36 Pan Watercolor set. I rarely add splatters to my images, but I really like the way it turned out adding splatters of all the colors used to color the flowers, along with some FineTec gold watercolor.
To assemble I added foam tape between the flower layers, added gold mirror flower centers and added them to the top left of a cardbase. For added visual interest I had die cut and adhered Simon Says Stamp’s Triangle Pattern Background to the card front.
The sentiment was die cut from gold mirror cardstock. I used KB Riley’s Happy Birthday die, but I only wanted the word “Happy” so I fussy cut it away from the birthday. Added a secondary sentiment stamped on black cardstock and heat embossed gold.
- My Favorite Things Plentiful Petals Dies
- Altenew Peony Dream 3D Dies (Leaves) Die
- KB Riley Happy Birthday Die
- Simon Says Stamp Triangle Pattern Background Die
- Winnie & Walter Sentimental Birthday
- Gina K. Designs Amalgam Ink
- Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock
- Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs Onyx Black Base Weight Cardstock
- Altenew 36 Pan Watercolors: Cotton Candy, Coral Berry, Forest Glades, Frayed Leaf, Citrus Burst, Fresh Lemon
- FineTec M600 630 Arabic Gold
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Elmer’s Craft Bond Adhesive
- 3M ½” Foam Tape