I’ve had this stamp set for a month and hadn’t used it yet, but thought it would make some really pretty blue and red flowers for the Splitcoaststampers color challenge this week of red, white, and blue.
I stamped it on Bristol Smooth Cardstock with VersaFine Ink and heat embossed it with Hero Arts Fine Detail Clear Embossing Powder. When you watercolor it is hard to keep a red color from turning pink, but the Zig Markers are a little easier to keep the intensity of the color. Really like the way it turned out.
I couldn’t find an open stop where I liked the sentiment placement, either to high or in a awkward spot, so I stamped it on vellum with VersaFine Onyx Black Ink and heat embossed it with Hero Arts Fine Detail Clear Embossing Powder and wrapped it around the image.
I die cut the image with a My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle, added foam to the back, and adhered it to the front of a blue cardbase. I really like the way it turned out.
- Simon Says Stamp Beautiful Flowers
- Altenew Beautiful Day
- Bristol Smooth Cardstock
- VersaFine Onyx Black Ink
- Hero Arts Fine Detail Clear Embossing Powder
- Paper Accents Medium Weight Vellum
- Blue Cardstock from Stash
- Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers: 022 Carmine Red, 030 Blue, 044 Deep Green, 046 Mid Green
- Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen
- My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
- Darice Sticky Back Foam
- Be Creative Tape
- Scotch Tape