I recently purchased Altenew’s Beautiful Heart stamp set. It has a lovely big flower and leaves that are very easy to layer. For this card I decided to use Altenew purple inks.
The stamp leaves a lot of white space, which creates a lot of lovely highlights. The outline was stamped first using Memento Tuxedo Black onto Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock. It was then stamped with Lilac and Lavender Fields for the flower, Frayed Leaf and Forest Glad for the leaves.
To add visual interest to the card I die cut a rectangle of the Neena cardstock with a My Favorite Things Stitched Rectangle STAX and dry embossed it with the Darice Basketweave Embossing Folder. Darice sticky back foam was added to the back to add dimension and then it was adhered to a top folding cardbase made from Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock.
The flower and leaves were die cut with the matching dies. 3M 1/2″ Foam Tape was added to the back and then adhered to the card front. The sentiment is from Winnie & Walter’s Sentimental Birthday was stamped onto Gina K. Designs Base Weight Onyx Black Cardstock with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed with Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder. Foam Tape was added to the back and it was adhered just below the focal image and the card was done.
- Altenew Beautiful Heart
- Winnie & Walter Sentimental Birthday
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Altenew Inks: Soft Lilac, Lavender Fields, Frayed Leaf, Forest Glades
- VersaMark Ink
- Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs Base Weight Onyx Black Cardstock
- Darice Basketweave Embossing Folder
- Darice Sticky Back Foam
- 3M ½” Foam Tape
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
- My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX
- Nuvo Aqua Glitter Gloss Shimmer Pen