So here I am in Texas and I forgot to bring my grandson Josh’s birthday card with me. He will be turning 19 on the last day of August and we will be on the road again with our 5th wheel. So, I needed to find something to create a birthday card for him.
I had brought the new die from My Favorite Things Big Birthday Wishes and decided to use it for Josh’s card. His favorite color is blue, so it was off to Hobby Lobby to find some paper product to create his card. I was surprised there wasn’t a lot of selection. Maybe it’s because of Covid, but it was hard to find something masculine that would work. I finally settled on this blue gingham and some blue and white glitter cardstock. I think it turned out good.
I cut down the gingham paper with the largest My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle and adhered it to a top folding A2 cardbase. This left a thin white border around the gingham.
I cut the die cut sentiment from the glitter cardstock and three more times from white cardstock to stack the letters for dimension. It was just a little too plain and so I pulled out some stitched balloons to add to the card front. I didn’t have any white thread and I wasn’t going back to the store, so I rummage through what Aimee had on stock and found this thin organza ribbon that worked well.
- My Favorite Things Big Birthday Wishes
- Birch Press Designs Party Balloons
- Copic Markers: B39, B37, B34, B32
- Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- The Paper Studio Blue Gingham Cardstock
- Doodlebug Design White, Navy and Blue Jean Glitter Cardstock
- 1/8” White Organza Ribbon
- Darice Foam Sheet
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle