I love getting messy and making some ink smooshed background, but then you need to decide what to do with them. For this card I decided to keep it pretty simple.
I die cut the blue smooshed background using a stitched rectangle and then matted it with some navy glitter cardstock. For the focal image of the card I pulled out Elizabeth Crafts Birthday Candles and die cut them from the same navy glitter cardstock for the top layer and from white glitter cardstock for the solid underneath layer. The flames were cut away from the blue candles and the white cardstock was colored using some YR Copic Colors. Liquid glue was used to adhere the two layers together. It can be difficult to adhered glitter cardstock, but if you a generous amount of glue and place the item under a heavy weight while it dries it works out well.
The sentiment was stamped underneath the candles with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed white. The five candles where aligned in a row above the sentiment. The focal panel was then adhered to a side folding A2 cardbase and the card was done.
- Elizabeth Crafts Birthday Candles
- My Favorite Things Make a Wish
- VersaMark Ink
- Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
- Copic Markers: YR24, YR21
- Distress Inks: Blueprint Sketch, Chipped Sapphire, Salty Ocean
- My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
- Canson XL 140# Cold Press Watercolor Paper
- Doodlebug Design Navy and White Glitter Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- 3M ½” Foam Tape