This time of year gets really busy creating all the handmade Christmas cards I make to send to family and friends, so I was looking ahead to the birthday cards I would need in the month of November and saw that Abagail was turning 15. She is a sweet, kind, musically talented young lady. I went looking for an image that looks a little bit like her and colored it with Copic Markers in her favorite color.
I used my Silhouette PixScan Mat to cut out the image and added Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape to the back.
I wanted to add a meaningful background to this sweet image and decided to use Simon Says Stamp You Matter. The words are prefect for a teenager, reminding her how special and amazing she is. I used the largest Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle to cut a panel that would cover the front of an A2 cardbase. I stamped the background with a couple of light purple inks before getting the hue I wanted and adhered it to a top folding cardbase with dotliner adhesive. The image was adhered to the center of the card by removing the backing paper on the foam tape, leaving enough room at the bottom for the sentiment.
The sentiment was stamped on a scrap of white cardstock and die cut using a Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Labels die and adhered with foam tape, giving the image the illusion it was standing on it.
- La-La Land Crafts Heart Cupcake Marci
- Simon Says Stamp You Matter
- Gina K. Designs Delightful Blooms
- Copic Markers: V09, V06, V04, V01; C6, C5, C4, C2, C1; E42, E41; E11, E01, E00, R21, R20; E35, E31, E30, YR31; Y26, Y23, Y21
- Gina K. Designs Lovely Lavender
- Altenew Soft Lilac Ink
- Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Darice Sticky Back Foam
- Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
- Kokuyo Dotliner Adhesive