The SplitCoastStampers Try a New Technique Challenge this week was to make watercolor background with acetate. I really like the pretty backgrounds you get with this technique. The first card I made used Distress Inks: Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry, Worn Lipstick, and Wilted Violet.
I wanted to let the pretty ink blended background shine in this card so I die cut it using a My Favorite Things Wonky Rectangle, which added just a little of focal interest. The outline for the poppies in Penny Black’s Blooming Garden were cut from 80# white cardstock and adhered to the right of the watercolor panel.
The sentiment is from Penny Black’s Heartfelt and was stamped with Distress Oxide Wilted Violet in the lower left of the card. For additional focal interest butterflies were cut from the same white cardstock using Martha Stewart’s butterfly punch and butterfly trio punch. White pearls were added for the bodies of the butterflies.
A top folding A2 cardbase was made from Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock. Darice Sticky Back Foam was added to the watercolor panel and then adhered to the cardbase using Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive.
Because I wasn’t adding any color to the flowers I decided to use Crystal Stickles to add the veins in the flowers, and add a little sparkle to the edges of the butterfly wings and the card was done.
- Strathmore Vision 140# Watercolor Paper
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Distress Inks: Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry, Worn Lipstick, and Wilted Violet
- Spellbinders Heart from January 2018 Die of the Month Kit
- Hero Hues India Ink Black
- Penny Black Blooming Garden Die
- Penny Black Heartfelt
- Darice Sticky Back Foam Sheet
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Ranger Multi Medium Matte
- My Favorite Things Wonky Rectangle
- Triveni Craft Adhesive Pearls
- Crystal Stickles