I love the double dies that create this beautiful floral image. I saw a lovely card made by Kayla McCreadie where she used vellum for the back layer and white for the top outline. She placed her die cuts on a beautiful blue cardstock. I used the same design, but used purple cardstock for the card front.
I cut down the purple cardstock with Penny Black’s Swirly Stitched Rectangle die. It think it goes well with a floral image. It was adhered to a top folding white cardbase with dotliner adhesive.
The back layer of the flowers was cut from some patterned vellum and the top layer was cut from white cardstock and adhered using spray adhesive. The purple rectangle was ink blended with Distress Oxide Seedless Preserves and Wilted Violet, but it is really hard to see. The flower arrangement was laid on the purple background to determine where to stamp the sentiment with VersaMark Ink and heat emboss white. A secondary sentiment was stamped on a scrap of the purple cardstock and cut with a Pink & Main Sentiment Strip and adhered just below main sentiment with a thin strip of foam tape.
Silver Stickles was added to the center of the flowers and once it was dry small pieces of foam tape was added to each flower center to add a little dimension when placed on the card front.
This was a pretty quick and easy easy card to create, but it is really striking with the dark purple background to the love flower die cut.
- Stampin’ Up Blossoms in Bloom
- Penny Black Sympathy Sentiments
- Avery Elle With Sympathy
- VersaMark Ink
- Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
- Penny Black Swirly Stitched Rectangle
- Distress Oxide Inks Seedless Preserves and Wilted Violet
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Purple Cardstock from Scraps
- Paper Studio Pebbled Vellum
- Ranger Silver Stickles
- Elmer’s Craft Bond Spray Adhesive
- 3M ½” Foam Tape
- Darice Thin Strip Foam Tape
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive