I think graphic elements make great masculine birthday cards. For this card I used the Silhouette cut file from Lisa Norris called 3 Birthday Candles. The design layers candles with circles and stars cutout and a base candle with a wick and flame. I decided to use scraps of colored cardstock for the graphic elements of the candles and Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock for the base. The flame has a smaller inner flame, which was also cut from mirror cardstock, but to add some deeper color Copic Marker YR24 was added. All elements were adhered together using Ranger Multi Medium Matte.
I could find the perfect die cut that I wanted for a large “birthday” word sentiment, so I used Papertrey Ink’s Text Block Birthday Horizontal Die and then fussy cut out the word “birthday” from Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock. To match the color of the candles matching Copic Markers were used to color the word.
A quarter sheet of Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock was run through the Big Shot with a My Favorite Things Wonky Rectangle. Darice Sticky Back Foam was cut 1/8” smaller and adhered to the back. The candles and die cut word were adhered to the front of the rectangle with Ranger Multi Medium. Once they were in place the secondary sentiment from Lawn Fawn’s Happy Happy Happy was stamped with Altenew Autumn Black and Sunkissed ink and the card was done.
- Silhouette Lisa Norris 3 Birthday Candles
- Papertrey Ink Text Block Birthday Horizontal Die
- Lawn Fawn Happy Happy Happy
- Altenew Ink: Autumn Blaze, Sunkissed
- Copic Markers: YR16, YR15, Y06, Y04, G14, YG03, YR24
- Darice Sticky Back Foam Sheet
- My Favorite Things Wonky Rectangles
- Gina K. Designs 120# and 80# White Cardstock
- Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock
- Green, Yellow, Orange Cardstock from Scraps