I think this is my favorite of all the ink smooshing cards I made lately. I love the variation in colors with the red, orange, yellow, and green. You have to be very careful when using both orange/red and green to ensure it doesn’t turn into a brown.
Once the smooshed background was dry I cut it using the largest scalloped rectangle from Gina Marie Designs. I then stamped Penny Black’s Bouquet Ballet into the center with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed it gold. I then used the same distress inks used in the background to color the image, adding some more oranges and a brown. I think it turned out so pretty.
I kept it pretty simple and merely added a die cut sentiment in gold mirror cardstock and the card was done.
- Penny Black Bouquet Ballet
- Honey Bee Stamps Hello
- Distress Inks: Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Dried Marigold, Candied Apple, Mustard Seed (Background)
- Distress Inks: Barn Door, Rusty Hinge, Carved Pumpkin, Ground Espresso, Twisted Citron (Bouquet)
- Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock
- Canson XL 140# Cold Press Watercolor Paper
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Gina Marie Designs Scalloped Rectangle
- Darice Foam Sheet
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- VersaMark Ink
- Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder