I recently purchased Simon Says Stamp Bouquet of Thanks and decided to watercolor the image. I stamped it on Canson XL Cold Press 140# Watercolor Paper with VersaMark Onyx Black Ink and heat embossed it with Hero Arts Fine Detail Clear Embossing Powder. The sentiment is from Penny Black’s Sprinkles and Smiles and was stamped and embossed in the same manner.
Winsor & Newton Artist Grade Watercolor pans were used to color the image. Colors used were: 0210 Cadmium Yellow, 0250 Cadmium Orange, 0320 Scarlet Pink, 1560 Hooker’s Green, Cerulean Blue, Turquoise Light. I let everything thoroughly dry and then added some shadows with a fine detail watercolor brush.
The watercolored panel was then die cut using a Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle. A slightly larger rectangle was cut with a guillotine paper cutter out of Gina K. Designs 120# Black Cardstock and adhered to the back of the watercolored panel with Sookwang Be Creative Tape.
A top folding A2 cardbase was made from Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock and the focal image panel was adhered to the front with Tombo Mono Multi Glue. As a final embellishment Pretty Pink Posh Sugar Plum Mix Sequins were adhered with Ranger Multi Medium Matte.
- Simon Says Stamp Bouquet of Thanks
- Penny Black Sprinkles and Smiles
- Canson XL Cold Press 140# Watercolor Paper
- Gina K. Designs 120# White and Black Cardstock
- VersaMark Onyx Black Ink
- Hero Arts Fine Detail Clear Embossing Powder
- Marvy Embossing Heat Tool
- Pretty Pink Posh Sugar Plum Mix
- Tombo Mono Multi Glue
- Sookwang Be Creative Tape.
- Ranger Multi Medium Matte
- Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle
- Winsor & Newton Artist Grade Watercolors: Winsor Violet, Sap Green, Olive Green, Cerulean Blue, Turquoise Light