This card was inspired by a card by Nina-Marie Trapani. It was quick and easy to make using Simon Says Stamp Brush Stroke Messages. I used a single brush stroke stamp and varied the lengths and colors stamped onto a rectangle of Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock.
The sentiment from Clearly Besotted’s It’s Your Birthday was stamped with two different colors from the palette and the third color was used to stamp a small balloon from Simon Says Stamp Big Birthday Wishes.
Once the stamping was complete it was die cut suing the largest Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Stackable Rectangle. I went through my scraps of paper and found a matching red cardstock, which was cut 1/8” larger than the die cut panel and adhered to the back with Kokuyo Dotliner Adhesive. A rectangle of Darice Sticky Back Foam was die cut with the same rectangle die and adhered to the back of focal image with Tombo Mono Multi Glue.
I pulled out some DF Craft Thread in an Orange/Red and Yellow and wrapped it a couple of time around the top of the focal image and adhered the loose ends to the back with scotch tape. I used some additional thread to tie a bow.
A side folding A2 cardbase was made from Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock and the focal image was adhered to the front with Tombo Mono Multi Glue. A bright and colorful masculine card.
- Simon Says Stamp Brush Stroke Messages
- Clearly Besotted It’s Your Birthday
- Simon Says Stamp Big Birthday Wishes (Balloon)
- Altenew Inks: Firebrick, Mountain Mist, Warm Sunshine
- Copic Marker Y08
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Red Cardstock from Scraps
- Darice Sticky Back Foam Sheet
- Tombo Mono Multi Glue
- Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Stackable Rectangle
- DF Craft Thread Orange/Red and Bright Yellow
- Kokuyo Dotliner Adhesive