This card was created by adding distress ink onto acetate and smooshing it onto damp watercolor paper. This technique creates really beautiful background.
Because the background is so pretty I wanted to keep the rest of the card for clean and simple by only adding a die cut focal image and sentiment from white cardstock. The butterfly is from Paper Artist’s 3 Butterflies Die and was cut three time from 80# white cardstock and adhered together using Elmer’s Craft Bond Spray Adhesive. The same technique was used to die cut and adhere layers of one of the word dies from Penny Black’s Awesome.
The watercolor background was die cut using My Favorite Things Stitched Rectangle STAX. Darice Sticky Foam was cut 1/8″ smaller and adhered to the back. A top folding cardbase was made from Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock and the watercolor panel was adhered to the front with Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive.
The butterfly and sentiment were adhered to the front of the watercolor panel using Ranger Multi Medium Matte. To add a little additional focal image Crystal Stickles was added to the word die cut and the body of the butterfly and the card was done.
- Strathmore Vision 140# Watercolor Paper
- Neena Classic Crest 80# White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Distress Inks: Broken China, Peacock Feathers, Mermaid Lagoon, and Mowed Lawn
- Paper Artist 3 Butterflies Die
- Penny Black Awesome Die Set
- Crystal Stickles
- Darice Sticky Back Foam Sheet
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Ranger Multi Medium Matte
- Elmer’s Craft Bond Spray Adhesive
- My Favorite Things Stitched Rectangle STAX