I wanted to create a masculine welcome card for a new gentleman who had moved into our church. Gina K. Designs By the Sea would make a good card.
When creating cards with this stamp set I like to ink blend a background with the sea and sky. To create the sun I took a full sticky backed Post-it and die cut a small circle with Simon Says Stamp Nested Circle. I placed the negative Post-it in the upper left of the background and ink blended it with Distress Squeezed Lemonade and Fossilized Amber.
I then stamped the lighthouse image to the right of the background with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I used a Copic friendly marker to extend the hillside on the left of the image. I cut some Post-its to cover the lighthouse and land and then covered the sun with the circle Post-it and placed several Post-its below the horizon and ink blended the sky with Tumbled Glass and Broken China Distress Ink. I then moved the Post-Its to cover the sky and ink blended the ocean using Tumbled Glass and Broken China. The land was ink blended with Crushed Olive and Peeled Paint.
Copic Markers were used to color the lighthouse and rock base. Colors used were: Lighthouse/B95, B97, B99, C0, C01, C02, Y15, Y17, YR24; Rocks/C3, C4, C5, C6.
The birds are from Gina K. Designs By The Sea II and were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. The sentiment is from Avery Elle We R Family Additions and was also stamped with the same ink.
- Gina K. Designs By the Sea and By the Sea II
- Avery Elle We R Family Additions
- Distress Ink: Salty Ocean/Faded Jeans, Salty Ocean; Sky/Tumbled Glass, Broken China; Grass/Crushed Olive, Peeled Paint; Sun/Squeezed Lemonade, Fossilized Amber
- Copic Markers: Lighthouse/B95, B97, B99, C0, C01, C02, Y15, Y17, YR24; Rocks/C3, C4, C5, C6
- Memento Tuxedo Black and Cracked Pistachio
- Hero Hues India Ink Black
- Post-it Full Adhesive
- Tombo Mono Stamp Runner Dot Adhesive
- Tombo Mono Multi Glue
- Simon Says Stamp Nested Circles, Stitched Rectangles, Bundle of Stitched Shapes
- Gina K. Designs 80# and 120# White Cardstock