My brother-in-law recently had back surgery. When I saw this cute digital image from Birds Cards I knew it would make the perfect card for David.
I printed the image on Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock with a laser jet printer. This ensure that the lines do not bleed when colored with Copic Markers. I used: G94, G24, G21; YG97, YG95, YG93, YG91; YG67, YG17, YG03; Y26, Y23, Y21; BG01, BG000, BG0000.
I had this great scrap of plaid cardstock that went perfectly with the image. I wanted to have a large fishtail banner, but the I didn’t have one that was a large and I what I wanted it to be, so I took a My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle and ran it through the Big Shot. I ran it through again to create the fish tail. I used the next largest die to create a green border to the fishtail. It worked great!
I pulled some jute twine from my stash and wrapped it around the banner three times and tied it into a knot. Darice Sticky Back Foam was added to the back of the banner and it was adhered to a top folding A2 cardbase made from Gina K. Designs Base Weight Kraft Cardstock.
I die cut the focal image using a My Favorite things Pierced Circle STAX die and added more Darice Sticky Back Foam for dimension. It was adhered to the banner with Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive.
For added embellishments, Ranger Glossy Accents were tortoise’s back to highlight the pattern. Nuvo Crystal Drops in Dandelion yellow and Bottle Green were scattered around the focal image and the card was done.
- Birds Cards Back on Your Feet Digi Stamp
- Copic Markers: G94, G24, G21; YG97, YG95, YG93, YG91; YG67, YG17, YG03; Y26, Y23, Y21; BG01, BG000, BG0000
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- Plaid Cardstock from Stash
- Green Cardstock from Stash
- Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs Base Weight Kraft Cardstock
- Nuvo Crystal Drops Dandelion Yellow and Bottle Green
- My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX
- Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Borders
- My Favorite Things Pierced Circle STAX
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Darice Sticky Back Foam
- Jute Twine from Stash