During this time of social distancing our church has been having drive-by activities. We’ve had a pizza, ice cream, muffins and donut breakfast as a few of the activities. The women’s organization planned on a fall activity where they would give out bread to the women of the ward. They asked me to create a handout that they could attached that would have a message they would like to share. The theme was gratitude.
I had this lovely die from Simon Says Stamp and had recently purchased a pretty fall leaves stencil from Carta Bella. I die cut a panel using a stitched rectangle die and then ink blended the “Hello Autumn” stencil with pretty fall colors. It was adhered to a olive green rectangle that was cut 1/8″ larger than the stenciled panel. The “Grateful” die was cut from gold mirror cardstock then a 1″ strip of the same green cardstock was cut and the words “A” and “Heart” was stamped and embossed gold to be before and after the die cut. To add a little more visual interest a small maple leaf was cut from soft golden orange and the edges were blended with Vintage Photo ink. A small bow was made with ivory and gold baker’s twine and adhered to the bottom of the leaf, which was adhered to the left of the sentiment with liquid glue.
The message panel was printed and then die cut with a stitched rectangle. The edges were distress with the same brown ink and it was adhered to the back of the stenciled panel. I think it turned out nice.
I love the message. There is so much distress and unrest in the world. So many people are angry and lashing out. If we would take the time to be grateful for all we have been given, to be grateful for the privilege to freely express ourselves and allow others the same right, without anger if they have a different opinion, the world would be a better place.
- Carta Bella Hello Autumn
- Simon Says Stamp Grateful Die
- Honey Bee Stamps Thanks and Giving
- Lawn Fawn Stitched Leaves
- Distress Oxide Inks: Mustard Seed, Peeled Paint, Barn Door, Ripe Persimmon, Vintage Photo
- Copic Markers YR24, YR21, YR20
- My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
- Paper Accent Gold Mirror Cardstock
- Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Golden Yellow Cardstock from Scraps
- Green Cardstock from Stash
- White and Gold Baker’s Twine
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- VersaMark Ink
- Ranger Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder
- Yoseng Ink Blending Brushes