This clean and simple card could be used for a sympathy card or just to give encouragement to someone who is having a hard time.
This is a simple card that doesn’t take very long to make. I used my Inkadinkado Embossing Buddy to removing any oils from the Canson 140# Cold Press Watercolor Paper prior to stamping the rose from Clearly Besotted Happy Everything Stamp with VersaMark Ink. Next I embossed the image with Hero Arts Clear Embossing Powder and heat set it with my Marvy Embossing Heat Tool. Embossing the image makes watercoloring quick and easy as it ensures the color stays within the raised lines.
For my palette I have a piece of white cardstock that I have laminated. Using my mini Distress Ink pads I smooshed some Picked Raspberry, Spun Sugar, Bundled Sage, Crushed Olive onto the palette. I applied the color with my Kuretake Waterbrush.
Once the watercolor panel was completely dry I ran it through my Big Shot with the largest Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Stackable Rectangles. Because I was stamping on watercolor paper I stamped the sentiment from the Simon Says Stamp Friendship Blooms Sentiment Stamp using my MISTI so I could stamp multiple time for a clear impression.
I applied the focal image with 3M 1/2″ Foam Tape to a Top Folding Gina K. Designs 120# White card base, cut at 4 1/4″ x 11″ and scored at 5 1/2″ and the card was done.
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardbase
- Canson 140# Cold Press Watercolor Paper
- Clearly Besotted Happy Everything Stamp
- Simon Says Stamp Friendship Blooms Sentiment Stamp
- Distress: Bundled Sage, Crushed Olive, Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry
- Hero Arts Clear Embossing Powder
- Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Stackable Rectangles
- 3M 1/2″ Foam Tape
- Marvy Embossing Heat Tool
- Inkadinkado Embossing Buddy
The second card I made with background stamps used Hero Arts Tiny Flags. The background was stamped on Strathmore 140# Cold Press Watercolor paper and heat embossed with Hero Arts Clear Embossing Powder. This time I wanted a rainbow of colors. In order to keep the ink to a smaller area I used Tsukineko Sponge Daubers with Ranger Distress inks. Using a spray bottle of water a fine mist of water was added to the watercolor paper to help the colors blend.
Colors used were:
- Mustard Seed
- Mowed Lawn
- Salty Ocean
- Wilted Violet
- Seedless Preserves
- Candied Apple
- Spiced Marmalade
I cut two balloons from Lawn Fawn Party Balloons and colored them with Salty Ocean and Mowed lawn, the balloon strings were colored with Mustard Seed. To add some sparkle I used Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen. The sentiment is from Hero Arts Make a Wish stamp set and was stamped with VersaMark ink and heat embossed with Recollections Snow Embossing Powder.
The cardbase was Gina K. Designs 120# White cardstock, cut to 4 1/4 x 11? and scored at 5 1/2″. The Tiny Flags background was cut with Simon Says Stamp Bundle of Stitched Shapes and adhered directly to cardbase with Tombo Mono Multi Glue. I really like this rectangle because it leaves a small border around the panel. 3M 1/2″ Foam Tape was placed on the back of the green balloon and again on the blue ballon, with a double thickness added to the left side to raise it above the first balloon.
For the inside of the card and the bottom of the envelope a small strip of watercolor Tiny Flags Background with Distress Mowed Lawn and Salty Ocean was glued to the bottom with Tombo Mono Multi Glue. The sentiment is from Clearly Besotted It’s Your Birthday to complete the card.
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Strathmore 140# Cold Press Watercolor Paper
- Hero Arts Tiny Flags stamp
- Lawn Fawn Party Balloons die
- Clearly Besotted It’s Your Birthday stamp set
- Distress Inks: Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn, Salty Ocean, Wilted Violet, Seedless Preserves, Candied Apple, Spiced Marmalade
- Hero Arts Clear Embossing Powder
- Recollections Snow Embossing Powder
- Simon Says Stamp Bundle of Stitched Shapes
- Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen