At church we have nine wonderful, terrific kids graduating this year. I wanted to create a shaker card to send to all of them. I found this great paper from Colorplay to use behind the shaker and then searched in the Silhouette Store for a graduation cap and diploma. Love the way it turned out.
Arts Congrats Stamp
Sarah Bailey Cap and Diploma Cut File
Home Congratulations Stamp and Die
Grad Day Cap & Gown Cardstock
Memory Keepers Stripes Sunburst Embossing Folder
Favorite Things Pierced Circle Die
Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
K. Designs Grass Green Ink
Cardstock from Stash
Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock
Accents 65# Cream Cardstock
Mouline Gold Metallic Embroidery Thread
- 3M ½”
Galore and More Sequin Assortment Green and Gold
Transparency Film Acetate
Creative Double Sided Tape
Brushed Corduroy Ink
Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
Gold Brad from Stash
My niece, who is a beautiful blond, graduated college with a degree in communications. I made this card to celebrate her accomplishment.
- Lis-strations Graduations
- Joyful Home Congratulations Dies
- We R Memory Keepers Stripes Sunburst Embossing Folder
- Copic Markers: E11, E02, E01, R20, R22; E55, E53, E51; E50; B97, B95, B93, B91; R29, R27, R23; YR24, YR23; C9, C8, C7, C6, C5;
- Elmer’s Multi-Purpose Spray Adhesive
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- 3M ½” Foam Tape
- Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Red Cardstock from Scratch
- My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
- Silhouette Cameo PixScan
We have good friends who have children graduating from high school this year, all four are boys. They attend two separate schools, one with green and gold colors and other with purple and gold. I decided to make these cards patterned after the one I made for my niece, but this time I colored them with the school colors for Richland and Hanford High Schools.
I used gold cardstock from my stash and embossed it using WeR Memory Keepers Stripe Sunburst. I then cut a panel with the largest Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables. To draw your eye to the center of the star burst, I used Spectrum Noir Sparkle Clear Glitter Brush on the rays.
I stamped La-La Land Crafts Graduation Luka four times on Gina K. Design 80# white cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with the following Copic Markers.
- Hair: E53, E55, E57, (E77 Darker) (E37 Red)
- Pants: E31, E35 / B97, B99
- Shoes: E55, E57, E59, E77 / C3, C4, C5, C7, C9
- Tassel: Y19, YR23
- Robes: G05, G17, G29 / V04, V06, V09
- Scroll: Distress Old Paper
- Skin: E11, E00, E000
The images were fussy cut, 3M 1/2″ foam tape was adhered to the back and attached them to the embossed panel. The card bases were made from green and purple cardstock, cut to 4 1/4″ x 11″ and scored at 5 1/2″. The embossed panels where adhered the card bases by gluing craft foam, which had been cut slightly smaller than the panels, with Tombo Mono Multi Glue.
The sentiment was cut with Hero Arts Stamp and Cut Congrats from American Craft Gold Glitter cardstock and again from the same cardstock that was used for making the cardbase. Both cutouts were glue slightly offset with Ranger Multi Medium Matte and adhered to the card. Candy Shop and Triveni Craft enamel dots and Pretty Pink Posh Enchanted Garden rhinestones were scattered on the front and the cards were done.
- WeR Memory Keepers Stripe Sunburst Embossing Folder
- Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables
- Spectrum Noir Sparkle Clear Glitter Brush
- La-La Land Crafts Graduation Luka
- Gina K. Designs 80# white cardstock
- Memento Tuxedo Black ink
- Copic Markers (as listed above)
- 3M 1/2″ foam tape
- Fibre Craft Colored Craft Foam
- Tombo Mono Multi Glue
- Hero Arts Stamp and Cut Congrats
- American Craft Gold Glitter cardstock
- Ranger Multi Medium Matte
- Pretty Pink Posh Enchanted Garden rhinestones
- Candy Shop enamel dots
- Triveni Craft enamel dots
- Sizzix Big Shot
My niece Shaniah will be graduating from high school on May 27, 2016. I wanted to do a special card that was tailored just for her. I love the little people from La-La Land Crafts and pulled out Graduation Marci.
Since I planned to color it with Copic Markers I stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black on Gina K. Designs 80 lbs. white card stock. Her school colors are red, white, and blue and she will be wearing a navy blue gown, so I colored the image using the following Copic markers.
- Cap and Gown: B95, B97, B99
- Tassel: Y23, YR23, YR24
- Dress, Shoes and Ribbon: R22, R35, R37 / Y23, YR23, YR24
- Certificate: E00, E11
- Hair: YR20, YR21, YR23, E57
- Skin: E000, E00, E11
- Blush: R20
- Lips: R22
Once I was done coloring I fussy cut the image, eliminating the longer hair since Shaniah has shoulder length hair. I used the Memento Tuxedo Black marker to go around the edges, giving them a more finished look.
For the front panel of the card I used a piece of 120 lbs Gina K. Design White Cardstock and embossed it with the WeR Memory Keepers Stripes Sunburst. I love the look of stitched edges so I used the largest Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Stackable Rectangle and ran the embossed background through my Sizzix Bigshot and adhered it with Elmer’s Dot Runner Adhesive to a Gina K. Design navy card base.
I used 3M 1/2″ foam tape to give some dimension to the image and adhered it to the center of the starburst background, a little closer to the top to allow for a sentiment. I took Michael’s red glitter cardstock and added some Be Creative tape to the back before cutting the “congrats” from the Winnie & Walter The Big, The Bold and You cutaways and adhered it to the bottom of the front panel. I scattered multi-sized red rhinestones from my stash that I have had for years. I cut the Simon Says Stamp Mini Hearts Outline die from leftover red glitter cardstock and adhered a few of those to the front panel as well and the card was done.