PENNY BLACK FULL OF GLEE: HAPPY BIRTHDAY
I recently purchased Penny Black’s Full of Glee. This is a beautiful open stamp that is perfect for coloring with any medium. For this card I chose to watercolor it using Tombo Markers.
I stamped the image on Canson XL 140# Watercolor Paper with VersaFine Black Ink and heat embossed it with Hero Arts Ultra Fine Clear Embossing Powder. Tombo Markers 098 Avocado, 076 Green Ochre, 905 Red, 946 Gold Ochre, 925 Scarlet, 993 Chrome Orange, and 025 Light Orange were used to color the image.
Once the image was completely dry it was run through the Sizzix Big Shot with the largest Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectange and then Darice Sticky Back Foam was cut 1/8” smaller and adhered to the back.
The sentiment was stamped on a scrap of Ivory Vellum with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed with Ranger Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder. The Vellum strip was then adhered to the back of the focal image with Scotch Tape.
A top folding A2 cardbase was made from Gina K. Designs 120# Ivory Cardstock and the focal image was then adhered using Tombo Mono Multi Glue. Pretty Pink Posh Tangerine and Marigold and Doodlebug Designs Tangerine Sequins were scatted on the card front and adhered with Ranger Multi Medium Matte and the card was done.
- Canson XL 140# Watercolor Paper
- Gina K. Designs 120# Ivory
- Penny Black Full of Glee
- Hot Off the Press Birthday Greetings
- Ivory Vellum from Stash
- Hero Arts Fine Detail Clear Embossing Powder
- VersaFine Black Ink
- Tombo Markers 098 Avocado, 076 Green Ochre, 905 Red, 946 Gold Ochre, 925 Scarlet, 993 Chrome Orange, and 025 Light Orange
- Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles
- Darice Sticky Back Fun Foam
- Pretty Pink Posh Tangerine and Marigold Sequins
- Doodlebug Desgins Tangerine Sequins