This card was made for Kara Lee whose favorite colors are Turquoise and Green. This is a new image from La-La Land Crafts entitled Love You Mollie. I love her beautiful, flowing hair and cute boots.
The image was stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink on Gina K. Designs 80# White Cardstock and then colored with Copic Markers (listed below). Once the coloring was complete it was die cut using the largest Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles. I searched my stash of cardstock and found a matching turquoise, which was cut 1/8″ larger than the focal image. Darice Sticky Back Fun Foam was added to the back. The sentiment from Avery Elle Cupcakes was stamped with Hero Hues India Ink Black. A top folding A2 cardbase was made from Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock and the focal image rectangle was adhered using Tombo Mono Multi Glue. Bottle Green Nuvo Crystal Drops were added to the heart on the t-shirt and the card was done.
- La-La-Land Crafts Love You Molli
- Avery Elle Cupcakes
- Gina K. Designs 80# and 120# White Cardstock
- Teal/Aqua Cardstock from Stash
- Copic Markers: E50, E53, E55, E35; E00, E11, E51, R20; BG13, BG15, BG18; YG03, YG63, YG67; C0, C1; C1, C3; B000, B0000
- Nuvo Crystal Drops Bottle Green
- Darice Sticky Back Fun Foam
- Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle
This card is made with another cute girl image from La-La-Land Crafts entitled Birthday Marci. It too is for a young women at church and colored in her favorite colors.
I began by stamping the image with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto a quarter sheet of Gina K. Designs 80# White Cardstock. The Copic Markers used are listed below.
Once I was done with the coloring I used a Lawn Fawn’s Large Stitched Stackable Rectangle to size down the image and added Darice Adhesive Fun Foam to the back for added dimension. I die cut another rectangle from Gina K. Designs 80# White Cardstock and ran it through the Sizzix Big Shot Simon Says Stamp Bundle of Stitched Shapes Rectangle and again with the Sizzix Dotted Lattice Embossing Folder. To pick up on the grey in the card I cut a rectangle from grey cardstock I had in my stash 1/8″ larger and adhered it to the back of the dry embossed panel with Tombo Mono Multi Glue. The focal image was then glued to the embossed rectangle with the same glue.
I thought the sentiment from Penny Black’s Sprinkles and Smiles went perfect with the image. I stamped it with VersaMark Ink on a scrap of the grey cardstock and heat embossed it with Gina K. Designs Fine Detail White Embossing Powder and cut it to size. It was adhered on top of the focal image with 3M 1/2″ Foam Tape. Sequins from the Pretty Pink Posh Sweetheart Mix were scattered on the card front and adhered with Ranger Multi Medium Matte and the card was done.
- Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Stackable Rectangle
- SSS Bundle of Stitched Shapes Rectangle
- Sizzix Dotted Lattice Embossing Folder
- Gina K. Designs Fine Detail White Embossing Powder
- Pretty Pink Posh Sweetheart Mix
- La-La-Land Crafts – Birthday Marci
- Penny Black – Sprinkles and Smiles
- Copic: RV14, RV13, RV11; E53, E51, E50; C0, C1, C2; C2, C3, C4; BG000, BG0000; E21, E00, E000, R20; R02, R00
La-La-Land Crafts has some great stamps with girl images that I use for birthday cards. I recently purchased Love You Molli and created a card for a young woman at church with her favorite colors.
I stamped the image on 80# Gina K. Designs White Cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I then die cut the image using Spellbinders Long Classic Rectangle, but ran it through again to make it a little shorter so it would fit better on the card front.
I colored the image using Copic Markers, colors used are listed below. I gave her ground to stand on with C3, C2, and C1.
I die cut a panel of 80# White Cardstock with Simon Says Stamp Bundle of Stitched Shapes Rectangle and then found a matching blue cardstock and cut it with my paper trimmer to be the same size as an A2 card front (4 1/4 x 5 1/2). To add some added interest I ran the white rectangle through the Sizzix Big Shot with the Darice Basketweave Embossing Folder and then adhered it to the blue rectangle with Tombo Mono Multi Glue. Both were then adhered using the same glue to a top folding A2 size cardbase made from Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock.
The Sentiment is from Papertrey Ink Stylish Sentiments: Birthday and was stamped on a scrap of blue cardstock with VersaMark ink and heat embossed with Gina K. Designs Fine Detail White Embossing Powder and then trimmed to fit across the focal image panel.
Darice Adhesive Fun Foam was cut 1/8″ smaller than the focal image and then both were adhered to the front of the card with Tombo Mono Multi Glue. Sequins from Doodlebug Design Swimming Pool and Pretty Pink Posh Metallic Gold were scattered and adhered to the panel with Ranger Multi Medium Matte and the card was done.
- Copic: C3, C2, C1; BG000, BG0000; R02, R00; E21, E00, E000, R20; B05, B04, B02; G46, G28, B29; E15, E99, YR20, YR21, YR23
- Doodlebug Design Swimming Pool/Pretty Pink Posh Metallic Gold
- La-La-Land Crafts Love You Molli
- Simon Says Stamp Bundle of Stitched Shapes Rectangle
- Spellbinders Long Classic Rectangle (shorter)
- Papertrey Ink Stylish Sentiments: Birthday
- Darice Basketweave Embossing Folder
- Gina K. Designs Fine Detail White Embossing Powder
This card was made using La-La-Land Crafts Sweetheart Stamp. It was stamped on 140# Canson Cold Press Watercolor Paper with VersaMark Ink and embossed with Ranger Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder. Whenever you are embossing, be sure and prepared your cardstock with an anti-static tool to remove any oils from the card that would cause the embossing powder to stick to unwanted areas. Once the embossing powder is melted using a heat gun you are ready to watercolor your image. I used Winsor & Newton Lightweight Sketchers’ Box Half Pan Set of 24. I mix my colors to get the right shade.
After the watercolored image was dry I die cut it using Spellbinders Rectangle dies. I created a background with Pink Paislee Pen Pals Correspondent Paper with Avery Elle Large Stitched Stackable Rectangles and applied the focal image with Darice White Adhesive Fun Foam, cut just smaller than the background paper. Using another pattern from the same paper pack I cut a 1” strip of striped paper. I small strip of gold glitter cardstock was also cut. Both were applied to A2 Cardbase made from Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock (4 ¼” x 11” scored at 5 ½”) using Tombo Mono Multi Glue. The focal image was then adhered using Tombo Mono Multi Glue.
A small circle was die cut using MFT Pierced Circle STAX die and stamped with Amy R. Great Birthday Greetings stamp using Memento Paris Dusk Ink and adhered with 3M ½” Foam Tape and the card was done.
- La-La-Land Crafts Sweetheart Stamp
- Amy R Great Birthday Greetings
- Pink Paislee Pen Pals Correspondent Paper
- Gold Glitter Cardstock
- Avery Elle Large Stitched Stackable Rectangles
- Spellbinders Rectangle Die
- Ranger Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder
- MFT Pierced Circle STAX
- Winsor & Newton Lightweight Sketchers’ Box Half Pan Set of 24
Our youngest daughter is completing her three year residency in Pediatrics at University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio. She is an amazing doctor. Next year she will be the chief resident and the following year she will be off to a three-year fellowship in Pediatric Critical Care. We are very proud of her. When I saw La-La Land Crafts’ Dr. Marci I knew it would make the perfect card.
The stamp was no longer available so I ordered the digital image and printed it with my small HP Laser printer on Gina K. Designs 80# White cardstock, since it wouldn’t bleed when I colored it with Copic markers. Colors used were:
- Hair: E55, E53, E50, E55, YR21
- Pigtail Ribbons: BG18, BG15, BG13
- Magnifying Glass and Band: R22, R21, C3, C2, C1, C00
- Skin: E01, E000, E0000 / Eyeshadow: E31
- Lips: R22, R21
- Cheeks: R20
- Stethoscope: R22, R21, R20
- Dress: BG18, BG15, BG13
- Coat: C03, C01, C00
- Bear: E33, E34, E35, E51 / Ears: E53 / Nose: C9, C7, C6
- Sneakers: BG18, BG15, BG13, C04, C03, C01
Her favorite color is aqua/teal so I used those colors in the image, as well and the cardbase, which was from paper I had in my stash. I die cut the image with the second size Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables and another panel of teal with the largest Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Rectangle Stackable, but I wanted it to be a little smaller and so I ran it through my Big Shot again to remove about 1/8″. This allowed me to cut the same size panel with American Crafts Silver Glitter Cardstock for a pretty border. All panels were adhered using 5/8″ Be Creative tape. The multi-panel focal image was adhered to the cardbase using 3M 1/2″ Foam Tape for added dimension.
I die cut “Congrats” from Hero Arts Stamp and Cut in both teal and silver and adhered them together and to the front of the card with Ranger Multi Medium Matte. I stamped the phrase “you did it” from the same stamp set just below the die cut.
For the envelope I typically stamp the image in a lighter complimentary ink, but I didn’t have the stamp to do this, so I used Spellbinder’s On the Edge Heart Scallop die and ran it through with both teal and silver cardstock, filling the heart openings with silver and adhering to the bottom of the envelope with Ranger Multi Medium Matte and the card was done.
- Teal Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 80# White Cardstock
- American Crafts Silver Glitter Cardstock
- Copic Markers as listed above
- Lawn Fawn Large and Small Stitched Stackable Rectangles die
- Hero Arts Stamp and Cut Congrats die
- Spellbinder’s On the Edge Heart Scallop die
- 5/8″ Be Creative tape
- 3M 1/2″ Foam Tape
- Ranger Multi Medium Matte
- Sizzix Big Shot
- Copic Markers (As Listed Above)
We have good friends who have children graduating from high school this year, all four are boys. They attend two separate schools, one with green and gold colors and other with purple and gold. I decided to make these cards patterned after the one I made for my niece, but this time I colored them with the school colors for Richland and Hanford High Schools.
I used gold cardstock from my stash and embossed it using WeR Memory Keepers Stripe Sunburst. I then cut a panel with the largest Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables. To draw your eye to the center of the star burst, I used Spectrum Noir Sparkle Clear Glitter Brush on the rays.
I stamped La-La Land Crafts Graduation Luka four times on Gina K. Design 80# white cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with the following Copic Markers.
- Hair: E53, E55, E57, (E77 Darker) (E37 Red)
- Pants: E31, E35 / B97, B99
- Shoes: E55, E57, E59, E77 / C3, C4, C5, C7, C9
- Tassel: Y19, YR23
- Robes: G05, G17, G29 / V04, V06, V09
- Scroll: Distress Old Paper
- Skin: E11, E00, E000
The images were fussy cut, 3M 1/2″ foam tape was adhered to the back and attached them to the embossed panel. The card bases were made from green and purple cardstock, cut to 4 1/4″ x 11″ and scored at 5 1/2″. The embossed panels where adhered the card bases by gluing craft foam, which had been cut slightly smaller than the panels, with Tombo Mono Multi Glue.
The sentiment was cut with Hero Arts Stamp and Cut Congrats from American Craft Gold Glitter cardstock and again from the same cardstock that was used for making the cardbase. Both cutouts were glue slightly offset with Ranger Multi Medium Matte and adhered to the card. Candy Shop and Triveni Craft enamel dots and Pretty Pink Posh Enchanted Garden rhinestones were scattered on the front and the cards were done.
- WeR Memory Keepers Stripe Sunburst Embossing Folder
- Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables
- Spectrum Noir Sparkle Clear Glitter Brush
- La-La Land Crafts Graduation Luka
- Gina K. Designs 80# white cardstock
- Memento Tuxedo Black ink
- Copic Markers (as listed above)
- 3M 1/2″ foam tape
- Fibre Craft Colored Craft Foam
- Tombo Mono Multi Glue
- Hero Arts Stamp and Cut Congrats
- American Craft Gold Glitter cardstock
- Ranger Multi Medium Matte
- Pretty Pink Posh Enchanted Garden rhinestones
- Candy Shop enamel dots
- Triveni Craft enamel dots
- Sizzix Big Shot
My niece Shaniah will be graduating from high school on May 27, 2016. I wanted to do a special card that was tailored just for her. I love the little people from La-La Land Crafts and pulled out Graduation Marci.
Since I planned to color it with Copic Markers I stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black on Gina K. Designs 80 lbs. white card stock. Her school colors are red, white, and blue and she will be wearing a navy blue gown, so I colored the image using the following Copic markers.
- Cap and Gown: B95, B97, B99
- Tassel: Y23, YR23, YR24
- Dress, Shoes and Ribbon: R22, R35, R37 / Y23, YR23, YR24
- Certificate: E00, E11
- Hair: YR20, YR21, YR23, E57
- Skin: E000, E00, E11
- Blush: R20
- Lips: R22
Once I was done coloring I fussy cut the image, eliminating the longer hair since Shaniah has shoulder length hair. I used the Memento Tuxedo Black marker to go around the edges, giving them a more finished look.
For the front panel of the card I used a piece of 120 lbs Gina K. Design White Cardstock and embossed it with the WeR Memory Keepers Stripes Sunburst. I love the look of stitched edges so I used the largest Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Stackable Rectangle and ran the embossed background through my Sizzix Bigshot and adhered it with Elmer’s Dot Runner Adhesive to a Gina K. Design navy card base.
I used 3M 1/2″ foam tape to give some dimension to the image and adhered it to the center of the starburst background, a little closer to the top to allow for a sentiment. I took Michael’s red glitter cardstock and added some Be Creative tape to the back before cutting the “congrats” from the Winnie & Walter The Big, The Bold and You cutaways and adhered it to the bottom of the front panel. I scattered multi-sized red rhinestones from my stash that I have had for years. I cut the Simon Says Stamp Mini Hearts Outline die from leftover red glitter cardstock and adhered a few of those to the front panel as well and the card was done.