This is the second card I created using a more controlled application of Ranger Alcohol Inks. This is done by using a Ranger Felt Pad, loading it with the alcohol inks and blending solution and dragging across the Yupo Paper in a diagonal. They are so striking that a simple die cut really make a lovely card.
Yupo Paper is usually 5″ x 7″ in size, which give you a little room to select the best section of the background to use for your card. Once it was dry it was run through the Big Shop with a My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle. Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock was cut 1/8″ larger and the two were adhered together using Be Creative Tape.
A top folding A2 cardbase was made from Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock. Darice Sticky Back Foam was added to the back of the background for dimension and adhered to the cardbase with Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive.
The Simon Says Stamp Birthday Balloon Die was cut from Mirror Cardstock and adhered directly to the alcohol inked background with Ranger Collage Medium.
The word “happy” from the Lawn Fawn Happy Happy Happy stamp and die and again three times from white cardstock. They were adhered together using Ranger Collage Medium. The secondary sentiment was stamped with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed with Ranger Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder directly below the “happy” die cut.
A simple card design, but with that beautiful background it is really striking.
- Simon Says Stamp Balloon Bouquet Die
- Lawn Fawn Happy Happy Happy Die
- Winnie & Walter Sentiment Birthday
- Ranger Alcohol Inks: Cranberry, Sunshine Yellow, Gold Mixative
- Ranger Yupo Paper
- Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Golden Yellow and Coral Cardstock from Stash
- Ranger Collage Medium
- Ranger Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder
- VersaMark Ink
- Darice Sticky Back Foam
- My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX