Whenever I go into a craft store I always look at the new paper they have and frequently I can’t resist buying it, especially if it’s on sale. The problem is that I now have a lot of packs of paper in my stash that I rarely use, and they take up a lot of space in my craft room. So I challenged myself to use some of this beautiful paper. Today I picked the gold foil polka dot paper from the Craft Smith Blush Glam Paper Pack. For the focal image of the card I used the WPlus9 Ranunculus Stamp.
I wanted to watercolor the image, so I used Strathmore 140# Cold Press Watercolor Paper, prepared the paper with an Inkadinkado Embossing Magic Pad, stamped it with VersaMark Ink, sprinkled Ranger Fine Detail Embossing Powder, and heat set it with the Marvy Embossing Heat Tool.
I used Distress Ink to watercolor the image with a Sakura Koi Waterbrush Pen. Colors used were: Barn Door, Abandoned Coral, Worn Lipstick, Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters, Crushed Olive, Mowed Lawn, Wild Honey, Fossilized Amber.
The sentiment is from SugarPea Designs Celebrate All Things Stamp. I used the Embossing Magic pad to remove any oils from the card and stamped “Celebrate” with VersaMark Ink, covered it with the same gold embossing powder and heat set it with my heat tool. The second line of the sentiment is from Winnie & Walter The Big the Bold and You Stamp. I have all The Big and The Bold series, there are so many words that can be used to personalize any sentiment. I use them all the time.
The watercolor image was then cut with the largest Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Stackable Rectangles die and adhered to the card with a Creative Hands Peel & Stick Foam Sheet. But the focal image just wasn’t standing out on the card, so I cut thin strips of Paper Accents Gold Mirror paper and beveled the edges to create a gold border, tucked the strips under the panel and glued them down with Tombo Mono Multi Glue. There is only a small amount of the pretty background paper showing, but I like the card much better.
- Craft Smith Blush Glam
- Strathmore 140# Cold Press Watercolor Paper
- Paper Accents Gold Mirror Paper
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Distress Inks: Barn Door, Abandoned Coral, Worn Lipstick, Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters, Crushed Olive, Mowed Lawn, Wild Honey, Fossilized Amber
- WPlus9 Ranunculus Stamp
- SugarPea Designs Celebrate All Things Stamp
- Winnie & Walter The Big the Bold and You Stamp
- Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Stackable Rectangles
- 3M 1/2″ Foam Tape
- Creative Hands Peel & Stick Foam Sheets
- Inkadinkado Embossing Magic Pad
- Sizzix Big Shot
- VersaMark Ink
- Ranger Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder
- Marvy Embossing Heat Tool
- Sakura Koi Waterbrush Pen
- Tombo Mono Multi Glue