The third card I made with background stamps used Hero Arts Lotus stamp on Strathmore 140# Cold Press Watercolor paper, stamped with VersaMark ink and heat embossed with Stampin Stuff Clear Embossing Powder. Distress inks used were Tattered Rose, Spun Sugar, and Picked Raspberry and blended with Ranger’s round blending tool. Using a spray bottle of water a fine mist of water was added to the watercolor paper to help the colors blend.
This card was for my nephew Devin’s wedding to his fiancee Mandy. It turned out beautiful and elegant. Once the background was complete I used the largest Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Stackable Rectangle to cut the watercolor background to a panel 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ and adhered it with Be Creative 5/8″ tape to a 4 1/4″ x 11″ cardbase, scored at 5 1/2″.
I wanted the background to take center stage so I cut a label from a leftover piece of Strathmore Watercolor paper with My Favorite Things Well-Worn Greetings die and stamped the sentiment from Penny Black’s Special Wishes with Hero Hues Black ink using my MISTI. 3M 1/2″ Foam Tape was added to the back of the label for dimension.
For embellishment I cut My Favorite Things Fancy Flourish die from heavy weight white vellum and curved it along the left edge of the label. Flowers were cut using My Favorite Things Flower and Leaf Trio die from Doodlebug Sprinkles White Vellum. The flowers were layered on top of each other and adhered with Micro Glue Dots. A pearl from Michaels Rhinestone Stickers was added to the center of the flower with Micro Glue Dot. To add dimension to the flower it was adhered to the label with a 3/8″ Zots Medium Glue Dot.
For the inside of the card I printed a quote from Elizabeth Browning; “Love doesn’t make the word go round, Love is what makes the ride worthwhile” on Gina K. Design 80# White Cardstock and cut it with the same My Favorite Things Well-Worn Greetings die as was used on the front. Another flourish and flower were added as well. A strip of the background was added to the bottom of the inside card and to the bottom of the envelope and the card was done.
- Strathmore 140# Cold Press Watercolor Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 80# White Cardstock
- Doodlebug Sprinkles White Vellum
- Heavy Weight White Vellum
- Hero Arts Lotus stamp
- Penny Black Special Wishes stamp set
- VersaMark Ink
- Stampin Stuff Clear Embossing Powder
- Distress Ink: Tattered Rose, Spun Sugar, and Picked Raspberry
- Lawn Fawn Largest Large Stitched Stackable Rectangles die
- My Favorite Things Well-Worn Greetings die
- My Favorite Things Fancy Flourish die
- My Favorite Things Flower and Leaf Trio Die
- Michaels Rhinestone Stickers Pearl
- Micro Glue Dots
- Zots 3/8″ Medium Glue Dot