I must have been in a rainbow mood lately since I made several cards with rainbow colors today. For this card I pulled out Your Next Stamp’s Confetti Panel.
I ink blended a quarter sheet of Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock with Distress Oxide Inks. I planned to place the panel behind a white die cut of the confetti die, but I got distracted and cut it from the rainbow inked panel instead. I think if you ink blended both sides of the panel the confetti pieces would make good shaker stuffing, but I didn’t think of that either. Maybe next time.
I decided to place the confetti panel onto some gold glitter cardstock. I cut it down to be 1/8″ smaller than the panel and used Be Creative Double Sided Tape to adhere the two together, since it can be very difficult to adhere to glitter cardstock.
I tried a lot of different options for the sentiment and finally decided on a black strip embossed with gold. I die cut it down with a Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Label and added foam tape behind it for dimension. When I went to place it on the card front I felt it needed a little something more. So I die cut two balloons from the glitter cardstock and added gold embroidery floss for the strings, which were glued behind the sentiment, and the card was done.
- Your Next Stamp Confetti Panel
- My Favorite Things Celebrate You
- Distress Oxide Inks: Candied Apple, Carved Pumpkin, Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn, Blueprint Sketch, Dusty Concord
- Birch Press Design Party Balloons
- Paper Accents Gold Glitter Cardstock
- DMC Mouline Embroidery Gold Floss
- 3M ½” Foam Tape
- Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs Base Weight Onyx Black Cardstock
- VersaMark Ink
- Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder
- Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Label
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
- 3M ½” Foam Tape