I have always loved the Whimsy Stamps Cupcake Trio. I don’t think it is available anymore, but it makes a great masculine birthday card. For this one I decided to use my Finetec Pearlescent Colours.
Because the Finetec Pearlescents are watercolors I stamped the image on a quarter sheet of Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock with VersaFine Onyx Black Ink and heat embossed it with Hero Arts Ultra Fine Detailed Clear Embossing Powder. I then watercolored the image with the Amethyst, Orange Copper, Pearl Silver, Pearl Gold, Sapphire Blue, Caribbean Green pallet. When the image was colored I added fine splatters on the background with the same colors and a small watercolor brush.
The sentiment is from the SugarPea Designs Celebrate All Things stamp set and was stamped with the VersaFine Onyx Black Ink and heat set with the same clear embossing powder.
The image was sized down using a My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle. A rectangle of Gina K. Designs Onyx Black Base Weight Cardstock was cut 1/8″ larger and adhered to the back with Kokuyo Dotliner Adhesive. Darice Sticky Back Foam was added to the back for dimension and it was adhered to a top folding A2 cardbase base from Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock using Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive.
- Whimsy Stamps Cupcake Treat Trio
- Sugarpea Designs Celebrate All the Things
- VersaFine Onyx Black Ink
- Hero Arts Fine Detail Clear Embossing Powder
- Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs Base Weight Black Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Finetec Pearlescent Colours: Amethyst, Orange Copper, Pearl Silver, Pearl Gold, Sapphire Blue, Caribbean Green
- Silver Brush #2 and #6
- My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX
- Darice Sticky Back Foam
- Kokuyo Dotliner Adhesive