I love this new stamp by Simon Says Stamp. I’ve seen some incredible designs for different cardmakers and have been inspired.
I knew I wanted to watercolor the image so I stamped it with VersaMark Ink onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock and heat embossed it clear. I originally planned to color the poinsettia red, but I started coloring what I thought was a leaf with the pretty turquoise color and low and behold it was a petal on the poinsettia, so I went with a non-traditional color scheme for this card and love the way it turned out.
I used my Karin Brush Markers because they give such a depth of color, but still allow you to have soft variations as well.
Once the color was dry I cut down the image using the largest Lawn Fawn Stitched Stackable Rectangle, which cover an entire card front, but add that lovely stitched edge that I love so much.
The stamp set come with the center sentiment, but it can pop out and be stamped separately. I stamped it onto Bristol Cardstock as well and heat embossed it clear. I then used the same green I used on the leaves to color the sentiment circle. The first time I cut it I used too small of a circle, so I stamped it again and colored it again. The word was a little blotchy so I stamped it again with VersaMark and this time embossed it with white embossing powder. I then cut it with a larger circle, add foam tape behind and adhered it to the center of the card.
- Simon Says Stamp Center Cut Holiday Floral
- Karin Brush Marker Pro: 253 Grass, 281 Olive Green, 210 Apple, 228 Lush Green, 377 Teal, 172 Blush, 220 Pale Pink
- Avery Elle Stitched Stackable Rectangles Die
- Hero Arts Circle Infinity Die
- Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Hero Arts Detail Clear Embossing Powder
- Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Darice Sticky Back Foam