I really like Art Impressions birthday stamps. They make fun stamps for the aging older generation, as my grandchildren would call us. And as we get older it’s nice to have a few good friends cheering us on.
This time I stamped the image on Canson XL 140# Cold Press Watercolor Paper with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed it with Ranger Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder. I pulled out some Daniel Smith watercolor dots I had received from a Simon Says Stamp kit of the month which included Sap Green, Quinacridone Red, Quinacridone Gold, and Ultra Marine Blue. I also pulled out some of my Winsor & Newton Professional Watercolors and used Burnt Umber, Raw Umber, Raw Sienna, Yellow Ochre, Permanent Rose, Chines White, Prussian Blue, Ivory Black, and Payne’s Grey.
Once the watercolor was complete dry the sentiment was stamped using Hero Hues India Ink Black and the focal image was die cut using a My Favorite Things Stitched Rectangle STAX. Some royal blue cardstock was pulled from my stash and cut 1/8″ larger than the focal image and adhered to the back with Kokuyo Dotliner Adhesive. Darice Sticky Back Foam was cut with the same rectangle die and added to the back of the focal image. An A2 top folding cardbase was made from Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock and the focal image was adhered to the front with Tombo Mono Multi Glue.
- Art Impressions Cheer Girlfriends
- Ranger Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder
- VersaMark Ink
- Canson XL 140# Cold Press Watercolor
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Blue Cardstock from Stash
- Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Hero Hues India Ink Black
- Daniel Smith Watercolors: Sap Green, Quinacridone Red, Qinacridone Gold, Ultra Marine Blue
- Winsor & Newton Professional Watercolors: Burnt Umber, Raw Umber, Raw Sienna, Yellow Ochre, Prem. Rose, Chinese White, Prussian Blue, Ivory Black, Payne’s Grey