When I was in Kentucky I went to the local Hobby Lobby and saw this stamp set from Art Impressions called Chocolate Therapy. Chocolate is one of my weaknesses and I thought it could make a cute birthday card for any of my chocolate loving friends.
I stamped this image on Gina K. Designs 80# White Cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and began coloring it with Copic Markers while I was waiting in airports on my flight home. One thing I learned is that Copic Markers can be unpredictable with the changes in altitude. I got a few drops of different colors on the card front that I couldn’t remove with my colorless blender. I thought that it was going to be a toss, but instead I pulled out my large rhinestones from a Recollection mix and scattered them around the card front to cover all the boo-boos. A few more rhinestones than I would normally add, but the card was saved and the image makes me smile.
The sentiment is from the same stamp set and was placed in the lower right corner and stamped with Hero Hues India Ink Black. The focal image was cut with the largest My Favorite Things Wonky Rectangle and then Darice Sticky Back Foam was cut 1/8” smaller and adhered to the back. A side folding A2 cardbase was made from Gina K. Designs 120# Red Cardstock. The focal image was adhered with Tombo Mono Multi Glue and the card was done.
- Art Impressions Chocolate Therapy
- Recollections Mixed Sequins
- Gina K. Designs 120# Red Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 80# White Cardstock
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Hero Hues India Ink Black
- My Favorite Things Wonky Rectangles
- Copic Markers: Y15, YR15 (Flame); E11, E01, E00, R20 (Skin); E59, E55, E30 / E55, E51, E35 (Hair); E59, E55, E49 (Frosting); E50, E53 (Cake); B99, B97, B95 (Jeans); V17, V15, V12 (Purple); R29, R27, R24 (Red); G07, G14, YG06 (Green); Y18, Y17, Y15 (Yellow); C4, C3 (Forks); B000 (Outline)
- Darice Sticky Back Foam Sheet