I had used the Hero Arts Christmas Rose Background stamp on a lot of cards this year, but never let it take center place, but it a gorgeous stamp and deserves to be seen.
I stamped it on a large 6″ x 6″ square of Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock with a light ink. I don’t like to color with Copic Markers when an image has been embossed. I’ve found it can leave a residue on the nib that ruins it. So, I stamp with a light ink and leave the stamp in my MISTI. I then color the image and restamp it with VersaMark Ink and heat embossing after the coloring is complete.
I cut down the image using a scalloped rectangle and adhered it to a top folding white cardbase.
For the sentiment I used scraps of Gina K. Designs Christmas Pine cardstock and heat embossed the smaller sentiments from Simon Says Stamp Tiny Words Christmas with gold embossing powder. I used the smaller Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Label to cut them out.
The die cut word is a new one from Birch Press Designs. It comes with the word and a shadow. I cut the word from gold mirror cardstock and the shadow from vellum. I also cut the word from sticky back foam and adhered it behind the word for dimension. Darice thin strip foam was used to adhered the small sentiment strips. The final embellishment was to add Ranger Gold Stickles to the stamen of the flowers and the card was done.
- Hero Arts Christmas Rose
- Birch Press Design Peace Honey Script Die
- Simon Says Stamp Tiny Words Christmas
- Copic Markers: YG67, YG17, YG03; G28, G24, G21; G94, YG17, YG05; R59, R39, R37, R35, R32; RV69, R59; V99, V28; RV99, RV66; YR24, YR21
- Gina Marie Designs Scalloped Rectangle
- Gina K. Designs Base Weight and Layering Weight Ivory Cardstock
- Green Cardstock from Scraps
- Paper Studio Vellum
- VersaMark Ink
- Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Ranger Gold Stickles