My friend Denise came over the other day and brought her new stamp from The Ton called Full View Daisy Background. She had also just purchased some Ken Oliver Color Burst Watercolor Powder and we decided to play with this coloring medium on this stamp. I love the bright orange that was achieved by tapping color burst on watercolor paper and then adding water.
This is a big 6″ x 6″ stamp and I used a 4 1/2″ x 6″ piece of Strathmore 140# Cold Press Watercolor Paper. I stamped it with VersaMark Ink and heat set it with Ranger Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder. It was large enough that I was able to get two cards from one image. For this card I die cut a portion of the daisy using a My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle and then matted it with some green cardstock I had in my scraps. I added Darice Sticky Back Foam to the focal image and adhered it to a top folding A2 cardbase made from Gina K. Designs Base Weight Ivory Cardstock.
For the sentiment I die cut the word “happy” using Mama Elephant’s Happy Script Die from Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock and again from a scrap of sticky back foam. I stamped the secondary sentiment onto a scrap of the green cardstock with VersaMark Ink and heat set it with the same gold embossing powder. 3M 1/2″ Foam Tape was added to the back. Both were adhered to the bottom of the focal image using Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive and the card was done.
- The Ton Daisy Full View Background Stamp
- Winnie & Walter Sentimental Birthday
- Ken Oliver Color Burst Lemon Yellow, Chartreuse, Tangerine, Alizarin Crimson, Orange
- FineTec M600 Gold Watercolor Ink
- VersaMark Ink
- Ranger Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder
- Gina K. Designs Base Weight Ivory and Onyx Black
- Canson XL 140# Cold Press Watercolor Paper
- Green Cardstock from Scraps
- Paper Accents Ivory Vellum
- Gina Marie Designs Scalloped Rectangle