I had made several cards using watercolor background created with Ken Oliver Color Burst Watercolor Powder. I cut those background down with some rectangle dies and had a lot of strips of watercolor remaining. This is the second card where I decided to tape the strips together to create another background. This time the color combination was blues and purples.
I used some Post-it Tape to hold the strips of watercolor paper together and then die cut it using a My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle. Since this color combination is more feminine to me I decided to add the rectangle to Gina Marie Designs’ Blossom Lace Die.
The background is so colorful I wanted to keep the rest of the elements on the card pretty simple. I love the way white die cuts look against a really bright and colorful background so I decided to use Simon Says Stamp’s Balloon Bouquet and Lawn Fawn’s Happy Happy Happy dies. I cut them three times from Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock and glued them together using Elmer’s Craft Bond Spray Adhesive and then glued it to the watercolor strips rectangle with Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive.
Darice Sticky Back Foam was added to the back of the watercolor panel and adhered it to a top folding A2 cardbase made from Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock and the card was done.
Easy to create, but really beautiful because of that pretty watercolor background.
- Simon Says Stamp Balloon Bouquet Die
- Lawn Fawn Happy Happy Happy
- Ken Oliver Color Burst Fuchsia, Turquoise, Violet
- Canson XL Watercolor 140# Cold Press Paper
- Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
- Gina Marie Designs Blossom Lace Die
- Darice Sticky Back Foam
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Ranger Multi Medium Matte
- VersaMark Ink
- Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder