For a previous card I used a silver cupcake. Whenever I have small images I go through my scraps of cardstock to cut the image. For that card I pulled out a circle of silver mirror cardstock and cut the cupcake from the center, because I thought I could then use it on another card. This is the card I made from the leftover circle.
Since the cupcake is so small, I wanted to add some visual interest to the circle, so I ran it through the Big Shot using an Oxford Embossing Folder from Cuttlebug. Mirror cardstock embossed beautifully.
I guess I was in a red mood lately because I decided to cut the cupcake again from red mirror cardstock and adhered it to the center of the circle. I held it in place with washi tape and then cut a smaller circle from sticky back foam and adhered it to the back of the circle, which held the cupcake in place.
I cut down a panel of red cardstock with a stitched rectangle and placed the circle where I wanted it to determine where to place the sentiment, which I decided to hot foil silver. You can use your regular dies with hot foil so I pulled out a Honey Bee Stamps Sentiment Banner and hot foiled it first. I then used a Spellbinders hot foil sentiment and foil it into the banner. I loved the way it turned out.
The circle focal image was added above the sentiment, but it looked lonely, so I cut some confetti from mirror cardstock and scattered it round the front of the card, adhering it in place with liquid glue. I also pulled out some silver confetti from Martha Stewart and filled in the open spaced. I really like the way it turned out.
The focal image was adhered to a top folding cardbase with liquid glue and the card was done, my last card of 2020, number 630, WOW!
- My Favorite Things Mini Cupcake Maker
- Spellbinders Glimmer Everyday Sentiments
- My Favorite Things Balloons Shaker Window
- Honey Bee Stamps Sentiment Banner
- Paper Accents Red and Silver Mirror Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs Base Weight Red Hot Cardstock
- My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
- Hero Arts Infinity Circle Die
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Darice Sticky Back Foam
- Gemini FoilPress Silver Foil
- Cuttlebug Oxford Embossing Folder
- Martha Stewart Sterling Confetti