For this masculine birthday card I used Gina K. Designs Country Roads stamp set. It took quite some time to complete this card and it would never be one to mass produce, but I like the way it turned out.
To stamp the image I cut a quarter sheet of Gina K. Designs 80# Ivory Cardstock and stamped the covered bridge image in the upper middle of the card with Memento Rich Cocoa Ink. Since the image is only the covered bridge and a little bit of road and river I needed to extend both to fill the front of the card. I knew that I wanted to add the pickup truck and so I used Copic Marker E51 to extend the road, curving it around so that the pickup could be stamp. I had to stamp this again because I wasn’t paying enough attention and originally stamped the pickup in the river, not the road. The river was extended using Copic Marker B91. Another tree from the stamp set was added to the left of the covered bridge. Figuring out the placement for extending the images took a little time. It also took some time to color the entire image with Copic Markers. (Colors used are listed below.) I definitely would change the way the tuffs of grass were added on the left of the road, but overall I am happy with the way it turned out.
Once the coloring was done it was time for a sentiment. I needed something small and found just what I was looking for in the Simon Says Stamp Square Sayings stamp set. Because I had spent so much time coloring this image I used the MISTI to stamp the sentiment with Hero Hues India Ink Black.
It was now time to assemble the card. I took the focal image and die cut it with the largest Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Stackable Rectangle. I had my ink blending tool with Distress Rusty Hinge still out from creating another card and so I used it to ink blend the edges of the die cut focal image rectangle. Darice Sticky Backed Fun Foam was added to the back of the panel with Sookwang Scor-Tape Adhesive Tape. An A2 side folding cardbase was made from Gina K. Designs 120# Ivory Cardstock. When I placed the focal image rectangle on the cardbase it was too stark of a contrast so the edges of the cardbase were ink blended with Distress Rusty Hinge as well. The backing was removed from the fun foam and the image was adhered to the front of the card. Inkssential Glossy Accents was added to the pickup truck windows and lights and the card was done.
- Gina K. Designs Country Roads
- Simon Says Stamp Square Sayings
- Memento Rich Cocoa Ink and Marker
- Distress Vintage Photo Ink
- Hero Hues India Ink Black
- Copic Markers: C1, C2, C3 (bumper) C4, C5, C6, C7 (tires and grill); G21, G24, G28 (tree); G40, G43, G46; G85 (tree); YG91, YG93, YG95, YG97 (grass); B0000, B000, B00 (sky); B91, B93, B95 (river); B32, B34, 37, B39 (truck); Y13, Y15; R21, R22, R24, R27, R29; E25, E57, E59, E79, E49 (Fence and tree trunks and limbs); E51, E53, E55 (road)
- Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Stackable Rectangles
- Inkssentials Glossy Accents
- Gina K. Designs 80# and 120# Ivory Cardstock
- Darice Sticky Back Fun Foam
- Sookwang Scor-Tape