I thought that the Sizzix Balloons and Cupcake Die would make a great birthday shaker card and think that it turned out well.
I started out by cutting some multi-color polka dot paper from The Paper Studio Eat Cake 12 x 12 Paper Pad using Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles. Next the Sizzix Balloons and Cupcake Die was cut on a slight angle. Clear acetate was cut to fit behind the cupcake opening and adhered using 1/8″ Be Creative Tape. Double thick 3M 1/2″ Foam Tape was added to the back of the rectangle and around the opening for the die cut. The well was filled with Doodlebug Designs Blue Jeans, Pretty Pink Posh Christmas Mix, and Mikuki Seed Beads Ruby. The rectangle was adhered to a side folded A2 Cardbase made from Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock.
The frosting outline was cut from red polka dot paper, along with the word “Happy” from the Lawn Fawn Happy Happy Happy Die and was adhered to the acetate using Tombo Mono Multi Glue and the card was done.
- The Paper Studio Eat Cake 12 x 12 Paper Pad
- Gina K. Desgins 120# White
- Clear Ascetate
- Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles
- Sizzix Balloons & Cupcake Die
- Lawn Fawn Happy Happy Happy Die
- Doodlebug Desgins Blue Jeans
- Pretty Pink Posh Christmas Mix
- Mikuki Seed Beads Ruby
- Darice Sticky Back Fun Foam