I pulled out these great cupcakes from My Favorite Things. I’ve used this stamp set before and stamped nine of the image directly to the cardstock. You can check it out at: http://karenjoycreations.com/all-the-cupcakes-watercolor-birthday/
This time I stamped all the cupcake images two onto Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock and colored them with Copic Markers. I then used the coordinating dies to cut out all the images.
I cut a rectangle of white cardstock with a stitched rectangle and began to lay all the images on the panel. You want to be sure some of the images are going off the page so look more like a piece of patterned paper. Once I had them where I wanted them I carefully adhered them in place with liquid glue. The overhanging images were removed with scissors and a few of the cupcake tops were added to the bottom of the panel to fill in a couple of blank spots. The panel was adhered to a black rectangle cut 1/8″ larger with liquid glue.
I stamped the sentiment from My Favorite Things Sugar-Coated Sentiments onto to black cardstock with VersaMark ink and heat embossed it white. It was adhered to the card front using Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape, which is low loft. This let me add the same foam tape behind the focal image and adhered it too a top folding cardbase without adding too much bulk.
The final embellishments was to add Ranger Glossy Accents to the cherries and Gold Stickles to the sprinkles on a couple of the cupcakes.
- My Favorite Things All the Cupcakes
- My Favorite Things Sugar-Coated Sentiments
- Copic Markers: R05, R02, R01; E53, E51; YR04, YR02, YR00; R35, R32; Y18, Y15, Y13, Y11; YG67, YG17, YG03, YG01; Y26, Y23, Y21; YR24, YR23, YR21, YR20; B97, B95, B91; BG13, BG11, BG10
- Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs Base Weight Onyx Black Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
- VersaMark Ink
- Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Ranger Gold Stickles
- Ranger Glossy Accents