When I saw this digital image from Connie Fong call Tori the Dragon with Heart Cake I knew it would make a really cute birthday card, for any age.
I printed the image onto some Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock and colored it with Copic Markers BG18, BG57, BG53, B01, B00; B000, B0000; G94, G24, G21; RV14, RV13, RV11; Y26, Y23, Y21.
Once the coloring was complete it was die cut using the PIXScan Mat and the Silhouette Cameo. Darice Sticky Back Foam was added by tracing around the image with a pencil and fussy cutting with a scissor.
To compliment the color pallet used a rectangle of turquoise plaid patterned paper from the Lawn Fawn Rainbow Plaid paper pack was die cut using a My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX and adhered to a top folding A2 cardbase made from Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock with Kokuyo Dotliner Adhesive.
To help the little dragon pop on the card front a circle of Neena cardstock was cut with a My Favorite Things Pierced Circle STAX die. It was adhered to the plaid paper with the dotliner adhesive and the dragon was adhered using Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive.
The sentiment is from the Penny Black Sentiment die set and was cut from the same white cardstock and adhered to the card front with Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive. Clear Wink of Stella was added to the frosting, flowers, hearts, and dragon wings and the card was done.
- Connie Font Tori the Dragon with Heart Cake Digi Stamp
- Penny Black Celebrations Die
- Silhouette Cameo Image Cutting
- Copic Markers: BG18, BG57, BG53, B01, B00; B000, B0000; G94, G24, G21; RV14, RV13, RV11; Y26, Y23, Y21
- Lawn Fawn Rainbow Plaid 6” x 6” Paper Pad
- Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Clear Wink of Stella
- My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX
- My Favorite Things Pierced Circles STAX
- Darice Swirl Embossing Folder
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Darice Sticky Back Foam