I think a lot of us are creating hello cards to send to family and friends during this interest time in history when we aren’t gathering together as much. I purchased this pretty stamp set from Gina K. Designs called Dazzling Dahlia in a little scrapbook store in Springfield, MO.
I first stamped the solid layer of the flowers and leaves with Altenew Pinkalicious and Fresh Leaf inks. I then used a couple of Copic Markers to add some depth to the petals and leaves. Next I stamped the outline of the images with VersaMark Ink and then heat embossed them with gold embossing powder.
Since I do not have the coordinating dies I fussy cut the images. I wanted to add some focal interest to the flowers and decided to use a stitched rectangle. I then pulled out my Ellen Hutson Essential Ovals. I love these dies because they not only cut the oval but also a thin border. I cut the oval from the center of the stitched rectangle and then cut it again from gold cardstock.
I adhered the stitched rectangle to the front of a side folding A2 cardbase with liquid glue and then added the thin gold border using liquid glue as well. The flower and leaves were adhered to the white oval with liquid glue, with the exception of the flower in the front, which was adhered to foam tape. Foam tape was also added to the back of the oval and adhered to the card front.
The sentiment was cut from gold mirror cardstock and adhered to the bottom of the oval and the card was done.
- Gina K. Designs Dazzling Dahlia
- Simon Says Stamp Bold Hello
- Altenew Pinkalicious and Fresh Leaf Inks
- Copic Markers: YG67, YG05, YG03, RV17, RV14
- VersaMark Ink
- Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder
- Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock
- Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
- My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
- Ellen Hutson Essential Ovals Die
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Wink of Stella Clear Sparkle Pen