So I have two aunts that are my mother’s younger sisters. They are now 89 and 92 and there health is failing. They have been such a wonderful influence in my life and I wanted them to know how special they are to me. I made the previous card for one of them and had Simon Says Stamp’s Delicate Flowers out for the sentiment and decided to use that stamp set to create the second.
I stamped the images onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock with a light ink and watercolored them using ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Markers. They turned out lovely. I stamp them a second time with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed them gold and then die cut them with the coordinating dies.
I cut a scalloped rectangle from white cardstock and arranged the flowers where I wanted them. I then used Glad Press ‘n Seal to keep them in place an allow me to pick them up and add adhesive to the back. I used liquid glue for everything except the largest flower and placed them on the scalloped rectangle.
Before adhering the largest flower with foam tape I stamped the sentiment with VersaMark and heat embossed it gold and then placed the largest flower.
The final embellishments was to add gold sequins around the card front.
I am so grateful for these wonderful women in my life and I pray the Lord will watch over them until he takes them home to dwell with Him.
- Simon Says Stamp Delicate Flowers
- Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers: 202 Peach Pink, 048 Emerald Green, 045 Pale Green, 067 Mustard
- VersaMark Ink
- Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder
- Spellbinders Fancy Edged Rectangles
- Pretty Pink Posh Metallic Gold Sequin Mix
- Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock