This is the second die from the Sizzix Mixed Media set. It is a love flower and leaf die and takes center stage on your card front.
I die cut it from a quarter sheet of Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock and then ran it through again with Penny Black’s Swirly Stitched Rectangle, which adds some great visual interest.
I decided to back the die cut with a colored cardstock. I tried a lot of different colors and finally settled on this pale pink I had in scraps. I used Spectrum Noir’s Clear Sparkle Pen behind the flowers and then adhered the two pieces together with dotliner adhesive.
The sentiment is from Gina K. Designs’ Wrapped in Love. It was stamped in the lower left of the focal image rectangle with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed with gold embossing powder.
Sticky back foam was added to the back of the focal image rectangle to add dimension when it was adhered to an A2 top folding cardbase.
- Sizzix Thinlits Mixed Media Dies 662688
- Gina K. Designs Wrapped in Love
- Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock
- Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
- VersaMark Ink
- Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder
- Penny Black Swirly Stitched Rectangle
- Martha Stewart Pearls
- Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen