Our youngest daughter is completing her three year residency in Pediatrics at University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio. She is an amazing doctor. Next year she will be the chief resident and the following year she will be off to a three-year fellowship in Pediatric Critical Care. We are very proud of her. When I saw La-La Land Crafts’ Dr. Marci I knew it would make the perfect card.
The stamp was no longer available so I ordered the digital image and printed it with my small HP Laser printer on Gina K. Designs 80# White cardstock, since it wouldn’t bleed when I colored it with Copic markers. Colors used were:
- Hair: E55, E53, E50, E55, YR21
- Pigtail Ribbons: BG18, BG15, BG13
- Magnifying Glass and Band: R22, R21, C3, C2, C1, C00
- Skin: E01, E000, E0000 / Eyeshadow: E31
- Lips: R22, R21
- Cheeks: R20
- Stethoscope: R22, R21, R20
- Dress: BG18, BG15, BG13
- Coat: C03, C01, C00
- Bear: E33, E34, E35, E51 / Ears: E53 / Nose: C9, C7, C6
- Sneakers: BG18, BG15, BG13, C04, C03, C01
Her favorite color is aqua/teal so I used those colors in the image, as well and the cardbase, which was from paper I had in my stash. I die cut the image with the second size Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Rectangle Stackables and another panel of teal with the largest Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Rectangle Stackable, but I wanted it to be a little smaller and so I ran it through my Big Shot again to remove about 1/8″. This allowed me to cut the same size panel with American Crafts Silver Glitter Cardstock for a pretty border. All panels were adhered using 5/8″ Be Creative tape. The multi-panel focal image was adhered to the cardbase using 3M 1/2″ Foam Tape for added dimension.
I die cut “Congrats” from Hero Arts Stamp and Cut in both teal and silver and adhered them together and to the front of the card with Ranger Multi Medium Matte. I stamped the phrase “you did it” from the same stamp set just below the die cut.
For the envelope I typically stamp the image in a lighter complimentary ink, but I didn’t have the stamp to do this, so I used Spellbinder’s On the Edge Heart Scallop die and ran it through with both teal and silver cardstock, filling the heart openings with silver and adhering to the bottom of the envelope with Ranger Multi Medium Matte and the card was done.
- Teal Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 80# White Cardstock
- American Crafts Silver Glitter Cardstock
- Copic Markers as listed above
- Lawn Fawn Large and Small Stitched Stackable Rectangles die
- Hero Arts Stamp and Cut Congrats die
- Spellbinder’s On the Edge Heart Scallop die
- 5/8″ Be Creative tape
- 3M 1/2″ Foam Tape
- Ranger Multi Medium Matte
- Sizzix Big Shot
- Copic Markers (As Listed Above)