I decided to make another card using Simon Says Stamp Floral Bliss and this time use a more pastel color scheme and a different layout.
I stamped the image at the bottom of a 4 ½” x 6” piece of Canson XL 140# Watercolor Paper with VersaMark Ink and then heat embossed it with Gina K. Designs Detailed White Embossing Powder. The sentiment is from Hero Arts Make a Wish Birthday and was stamped and embossed in the same manner.
I used a Sakura Waterbrush Pen and a piece of white cardstock that has been laminated for a palette. I scribbled the following Tombo Marker on it: 158 Dark Olive, 195 Light Green, 055 Process Yellow, 098 Avacado, 533 Peacock Blue, 703 Pink Rose, and 933 Orange on the palette. This allows you to water down the color so that it is more pastel in hue.
I allowed the focal image to dry complete and then added a wash of Broken China Distress Ink for the background. Once everything was dry I die cut the image using Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles. Darice Sticky Back Foam was cut 1/8” smaller than the focal image and adhered to the back.
An A2 top folding cardbase was made from Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock and the focal image was adhered using Tombo Mono Multi Glue. Sequins from Doodlebug Designs Blue Jeans and Pretty Pink Posh Sweetheart Mix were added with Ranger Multi Medium Matte and the card was done.
- Canson XL 140# Watercolor Paper
- Gina K. Designs 120# White
- Simon Says Stamp Floral Bliss
- Hero Arts Make a Wish Birthday
- VersaMark Ink
- Distress Ink Broken China
- Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
- Tombo Markers 158 Dark Olive, 195 Light Green, 055 Process Yellow, 098 Avacado, 533 Peacock Blue, 703 Pink Rose, and 933 Orange
- Darice Sticky Back Fun Foam
- Doodlebug Designs Blue Jeans Sequins
- Pretty Pink Posh Sweetheart Mix Sequins
- Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles