I recently purchased the Karin Brushmarkers Pro set and decided to give them a try. We are currently traveling in our fifth wheel across the United States and I brought only a few of my stamps with me. I decided to use this new background stamp from My Favorite Things. I stamped on Canson XL Watercolor Paper with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed it with gold embossing powder.
I found the Karin Brushmarkers very easy to use and very vibrant in hue. You can soften the color by scribbling the markers on a palette and then picking them up with a brush, but overall I really enjoyed using them.
Once the watercolor was dry I used a stitched rectangle to cut down the watercolored panel and adhered it directly to a top folding A2 white cardbase with liquid glue.
The sentiment is from the My Favorite Things Birthday word Mix 1. It was stamped on Neena Classic Crest 80# Cardstock with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed gold. I used the matching die to cut out the sentiment, added some foam tape to the back and adhered to the lower right of the card front.
Taking pictures on the road has proved a little challenging. I hope you can see the vibrant colors you get with these markers.
- My Favorite Things Floral Fantasy Background
- Simon Says Stamp Birthday Word Mix 1
- VersaMark Ink
- Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder
- Karin Brushmarkers: 358 Red Lilac, 197 Plum 688 Violet Blue; 207 Cyan, 254 Artic; 375 Cerise; 228 Lush Green; 552 Ochre; 228 Lush Green (Background)
- Canson XL 140# Cold Press Watercolor Paper
- Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- My Favorite Things Stitched Rectangle
- 3M ½” Foam Tape
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive