I have been experimenting with the Gemini FoilPress Machine and decided to use the Crafter’s Companion Ornate Frame. Working with hot foil takes some experimenting to get it right with different types of dies. On this one it took a couple of tries. This die not only hot foils but cuts as well. Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape was added to the back of the frame.
I laid the frame on the side rectangle of cardstock to determine where to heat foil the sentiment. I cut down the rectangle with a stitched rectangle and then dry embossed it using the Stampin’ Up Subtle Embossing Folder. The embossed rectangle was added to a side folding cardbase with dotliner adhesive. The foiled frame was adhered to the front by removing the paper covering on the foam tape.
I decided to use the Altenew Garden Picks 3D Dies to create a focal image for the card. I colored Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock with Copic Markers in different shades of pink and green and then cut the layers and assembled them together with liquid glue. There were adhered with liquid glue and foam tape to the bottom of the foiled frame.
I think it turned out lovely.
- Crafter’s Companion Ornate Frame
- Spellbinders Glimmer Stylish Script Thank You and Happy Birthday
- Altenew Garden Picks
- Copic Markers: RV25, RV23, RV02, RV00; G46, G43
- Gemini FoilPress Silver Foil
- Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Stampin’ Up Subtle Embossing Folder
- My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle