I saw this big, beautiful peony foiled impressions die from Picket Fence and thought it would make a lovely card. I was not disappointed.
I had the background sitting on my desk. It had been hot foiled with gold using the Gina Marie Designs Scalloped Rectangle on pink cardstock.
For the peony, I had just received the darker pink Cerise foil and thought it would really make the flower pop on the page. It comes with a coordinating die. Once the flower was foiled I took Copic Markers to add some shading the petals. I also used a leaf die from Altenew’s Fantasy Floral and used some green cardstock to foil it with gold foil and added some shading to it as well.
I used the coordinating die to cut out some sticky back foam and trimmed it down and adhered it behind the flower to add some dimension.
The sentiment was foiled onto a scrap of pink cardstock with gold foil and cut into a thin banner using a Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Label. Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape was added to the back to help it pop on the page.
To assemble the card the background was adhered to a top folding white cardbase. The flower was placed on the front to determine where to adhered the leaf with liquid glue. The flower was adhered using liquid glue on the back of the foam tape and the sentiment was placed over the top of the flower.
- Picket Fence Studio Foiled Impressions Peony
- Altenew Fantasy Floral 3D Leaf Die
- Spellbinders Glimmer More Sentiments
- Copic Markers: RV25, RV23, RV02, YG67, YG06
- Paper Studio Texture-Lime Green Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs Base Weight Bubblegum Pink
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Gina Marie Designs Scalloped Rectangle
- My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
- Crafter’s Companion Papercraft Gold and Cerise Hot Foil