I decided to use the navy and silver foil color scheme for a masculine birthday card. I foiled the chevron background and then die cut down the panel with a stitched rectangle.
For the focal image I pulled out the Altenew Layered Cupcake Stamp and coordinating die. This is a layering stamp, but I like the way it looks when colored with Copic Markers. I first stamped it with gray ink, colored it with Copics, and then stamped it again with Versa Mark Ink and heat embossed it silver. It was then die cut using the coordinating die.
The sentiment was foiled with a scrap of navy cardstock and silver foil, then cut into a fishtail banner with a Pink & Main Sentiment Strip.
To assemble the card the chevron background was adhered to a top folding white cardbase with Simon Says Stamp’s Big Mama Foam Tape. To add dimension to the cupcake it was cut again with with blue sticky back foam, which was adhered to the back of the cupcake and then adhered to the chevron background with liquid glue. A thin strip of foam was also added to the sentiment strip and adhered just below the cupcake. The final embellishment was to add confetti drops to the frosting using Nuvo Crystal Drops in Midnight Blue and Silver.
I love the look of the lighter blue focal image on the navy cardstock.
- Altenew Layered Cupcake
- Spellbinders Glimmer More Sentiments
- Nuvo Crystal Drops Midnight Blue and Silver Linings
- My Favorite Things Chevron Coverup Die
- Copic Markers: B99, B97, B95, B45, B41, B91; E53, E51, E50, W3, W1, W0
- Crafter’s Companion Silver Hot Foil
- Gina K. Designs Base Weight In the Navy Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Sticky Back Blue Foam
- Memento London Fog Ink
- VersaMark Ink
- Ranger Super Fine Detail Silver Embossing Powder
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Pink & Main Sentiments Strip