I have really enjoyed the stamp and die set from Stampin’ Up called Forever Fern. It is a basic and it makes great clean and simple cards.
For this card I stamped a few of the leaves in different colors of green and the berries in a nice deep red. The coordinating dies were used to cutout the images. A large leaf cluster was cut twice from vellum and added behind the stamped and die cut leaves. All were arranged in a cluster. A smaller scalloped rectangle was used as the backing for the leaves, which were adhered with liquid glue. The clean and simple “hello” was stamped below. Gold baker’s twine was tied in a bow and added to the bottom of the cluster.
When I am using white on white I like to add texture with embossing folders. The largest scalloped rectangle was cut from white cardstock and dry embossed using the Cuttlebug Oxford Embossing Folder and adhered to a top folding A2 Cardbase. The leafy rectangle was then adhered using Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape which provides a low loft dimension.
As a final embellishment, Ranger Glossy Accents were added to the berries. A lovely clean and simple card that was quick and easy to create.
- Stampin’ Up Forever Fern
- Concord & 9th Hello Lovely
- Gina K. Designs Inks: Applemint, Christmas Pine, Edible Eggplant
- Gina K. Designs Amalgam Ink
- Copic Markers: G20, G24, G28, RV69
- Cuttlebug Oxford Embossing Folder
- Paper Studio Vellum
- Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Gina Marie Designs Scalloped Rectangle
- Ranger Glossy Accents
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Gold Baker’s Twine
- Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape